May 20, 2012

ベラミス - her epic journey of her soul

Chapter 27 - a break away from the fighting

Golinkor forces were not seen for months. Kugo and Belamis took a few days off duty.

They flew side by side in a craft.

Suddenly Kugo remarked, "Hey... stop here!"

Belamis stopped, and asked, "What ?"

Before them was a planet, and Kugo landed his craft, and Belamis followed.

The planet was filled with flora. Kugo ran to a spot. Belamis followed.

There stood a small tomb, with a cross marking it.

"Shireius...." Belamis remarked. Shireius was an officer at Lacet's Legion Foreigner's Legion. Belamis cared about the Foreigner's Legion, and she gave Shireius her necklace as a gift.

Queen Lacet's plotted against Belamis and Kugo by killing all of the Foreigner's Legion, and making Belamis thought that Kugo killed them.

"How did you..." Belamis remarked.

"I remember that look on your face when you fight me..... you are furious and wouldn't listen to me. She must be somebody significant to you enough to make you act that way..." Kugo replied.

"I happened to stumble at this place when I was patrolling round here... and saw this tomb... I remembered that you said you were fighting me before her body.... I found her dead before you arrived..." Kugo remarked.

Belamis approached the tomb which she made for Shireius, and looked. She remembered their friendship.

Shireius and Belamis belonged to adjacent star systems, but they met at college, then after college Shireius returned to her planet.

They both ended up joining Queen Lacet's forces, with Shireius joining first, and Belamis later.

"Is that yours ?" Kugo came, holding a necklace in his hand. Belamis looked, it's the necklace she gave Shireius as a gift.

"It's the emblem of my own army..... every Gariusu soldier has one of it.." Belamis took the necklace and gazed at it. "We received this when we sworn in to be a member of the army..." Belamis continued.

"I gave it to Shireius, because she's like my only family left after my planet blew up." Belamis said. She lost her friend Medona, then Shireius.

"Queen Lacet's did that ....it took me a long while to realize it.." Belamis continued.

Belamis then looked around, and she started to pick flowers among the flora. Belamis loved flowers, despite her tough outlook. Kugo watched Belamis, and again admiring her tenderness - rarely shown but beautiful.

Belamis picked many flowers, and made it into a bouquet.

"It's beautiful..." Kugo remarked.

Belamis smiled, and placed it at the tomb of Shireius.

Belamis hold the necklace in her hands, and hang that necklace onto the cross marking the tomb.

"Shireius..... rest in peace.... all people who once lost their planets now find new homes..." Belamis said. She kneel down, and said to Kugo, "In Gariusu, we did this to fallen soldiers...". Belamis bowed her head. Kugo also kneel down, and bow his head. The two observed a moment of silence.

Belamis then stood up, and signed....

Kugo held her hand, and said, "You are a loyal friend...."

Belamis looked at Kugo, and fixed her gaze at his eyes. Belamis felt so happy.

Then Kugo held Belamis left hand, and put a ring on her middle finger.

"What's that ?" Belamis asked. Belamis did not know the custom of the ring on Earth.

"Er... er..." Kugo stuttered. Djorgo coached Kugo on the ways to court a girl, but apparently he forgot that Belamis was not from Earth!!!

Belamis looked at the silver ring on her middle finger.

"Belamis...I ... I want to be with you" Kugo said.

"I know..." Belamis replied.

"No...no... not only that... I ..." Kugo never anticipated that Belamis had no idea about the ring on her middle finger meant a proposal for marriage and engagement, and got tongue tied.

"What is it ?" Belamis asked, in an innocent manner.

"I...I ....er..." Kugo was embarrassed, and could not say the four words.

"I know you want me to be with you... I want to be with you too...." Belamis replied.

Kugo blushed......and stuttered, "Belamis... will...will..." He then fell onto his knees.

"What is it ?" Belamis remarked.

"Will you.... will...you..." Kugo stuttered, and he kissed Belamis hand.

Belamis blushed.

Kugo took a deep breath, and yelled, "Belamis, will you marry me ??"

Belamis was stunned. She never thought Kugo would ask.

"Belamis.... after the war... after the battles....... we will have our wedding..." Kugo said.

Belamis' head was spinning....

"Belalmis ?"

Belamis looked at Kugo, and her heart was warm. Tears welled up in Belamis' eyes.

She nodded.

"You...you have to say it...out loud..." Kugo begged.

"Yes....."

Then the two kissed intensely.

Belamis turned to the tomb of Shireius, and said, "Shireius, you be our witness...."

Kugo and Belamis knelt before the tomb, Belamis said, "We are engaged..."

The pair then left the planet.

Yet.... great dangers lurking before the lovers....


1 comment:

Isis Zarana said...

Surprise! I really wasn't expecting this! Kugo proposed! And in front of a tomb! Ok, not my favorite spot for a marriage proposal, but it was nice though...
Funny detail about the ring and she having no idea what it meant...
But why wait after the war??? ;)Why not marriage right away, or in secret (they are on duty! I know!) but they will know eventually...;)
I have said this before, I like that you include unresolved scenes from the show and now Kugo and Belamis can solve them... like the misunderstanding when Belamis thought Kugo attacked the Queen's base and killed her friend... Actually, I like this episode because it shows how much Belamis cared for her people and when she gave her the necklace... Thanks for the update! I love this story!